Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive Settings, 8e - 14803
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
Additional Book Details
Now published by PRO-ED, the eighth edition of Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive Settings provides practical help for teaching students with disabilities effectively in both general education and special education classrooms. The overriding theme of the text is that all students, regardless of ability, deserve an equal opportunity to education in the general education classroom. This philosophy of inclusionthat students belong with their chronological age peersis the starting point. Teachers will find an abundance of information about specific disabilities and how to determine the services needed by individual students to ensure their success.
Each chapter includes extensive information about a specific disability, including a definition, common characteristics of students with that disability, effective inclusive practices, classroom adaptations, and a discussion of transition needs.
1. Inclusive Education: An Introduction
2. Professional Collaboration and HomeSchool Collaboration
3. Identifying and Programming for Student Needs
4. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities
5. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
6. Teaching Students with Intellectual Disability
7. Teaching Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
8. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
9. Teaching Students with Speech and Language Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Sensory Impairments
11. Teaching Students with Low-Incidence Disabilities
12. Teaching Students Who Are Placed at Risk
13. Teaching Students with Special Gifts and Talents
14. Teaching Students with Special Needs in Elementary Schools
15. Teaching Students with Special Needs in Secondary Schools
|Sold By||PRO-ED Publishing, Inc.|