Acquired Language Disorders
A Case-Based Approach
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
This practical, easy-to-follow, informative guide for students and clinicians presents each case from an impairment-based perspective with practical applications for improving activities of daily living, as well as a socially interactive perspective to create a wholistic picture of each case. For people with aphasia, clinicians are encouraged to consider not only language but also executive functions, attention, memory, and visuospatial skills. This edition begins with a review of the basics of brain-behavior relationships and pertinent medical terminology for treating individuals who have a neurological impairment. Each disorder is then introduced in a case-based format that includes a case scenario with a photo, functional analysis of the patient, critical thinking/learning activities, a diagnostic profile, the new Target Assessment Snapshot, treatment considerations, and a Venn diagram of the A-FROM Model with patient goals for each case. Special features include Test Your Knowledge sections based on 10 patient scenarios along with an answer key, a Quick Reference Diagnostic Chart for ALDs, and a Functional Communication Connections worksheet for treatment planning purposes.
New to the Third Edition:
*The 15 clinical cases include new photos along with the Target Assessment Snapshot depicting level of severity for expression, comprehension, reading, and writing and areas of cognitive impairment. A new case includes a bilingual person with aphasia.
* All chapters have been updated with relevant research.
* An A-FROM model graphic for each patients treatment goals is included.
* There is a new Assessment Summary Sheet to help the clinician with the development of a diagnostic profile.
* The chapter on assessment is updated and new assessments are added, including the Assessment of Living with Aphasia (ALA) and the Repeatable Battery for the * Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (R-BANS), the Progressive Aphasia Severity Scale (PASS), and more.
* Chapter 10 includes more than 25 treatment approaches and therapeutic programs.
* The chapter on assessment and service delivery for people with ALD includes discussions of the ICF and the A-FROM Model.
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|
|ISBNs||9781635500974, 1635500974, 1635500982, 9781635500981|