Clinical Research Methods in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Now in its third edition, Clinical Research Methods in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology is a valuable and comprehensive resource for understanding and conducting clinical research in communication sciences and disorders.
Graduate students and practicing clinicians will benefit from the text's detailed coverage of various research topics. Specifically, readers will learn the strengths and weaknesses of different research methodologies, apply the results of research to clinical practice and decision-making, and understand the importance of research ethics.
Clinical Research Methods is the only text to take into account qualitative research and evidence-based practice, and to provide a detailed discussion of research ethics.
* Chapters begin with an outline of covered topics and learning objectives
* End-of-chapter discussion questions apply concepts and incorporate real-life research situations
* Numerous tables and charts display critical models and research procedures
New to the Third Edition:
* New co-authors, Mary Ellen Koay, PhD, CCC-SLP, FASHA, and Jennifer S. Whited, PhD, CCC-SLP, bring new and extensive research experiences to the team of authors
* Expanded discussion of qualitative research methods
* Additional and updated examples of mixed method designs published in speech-language pathology
* Updated list of databases and sources for research in communication sciences and disorders
* Updated references throughout, including many ASHA and AAA Codes of Ethics
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|