Assessment of Communication Disorders in Adults
Resources and Protocols, Third Edition
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Assessment of Communication Disorders in Adults: Resources and Protocols, Third Edition offers a unique combination of scholarly information, invaluable resources, and time-saving protocols on assessment of communication disorders in adults.
Most resource books offer limited research and scholarly information, thus making them unsuitable as textbooks for academic courses on assessment and diagnosis. Similarly, most traditional textbooks do not include practical, easy-to-use, and time-saving resources and protocols that the practicing clinicians can readily use during assessment sessions. By combining the strengths of traditional textbooks with newer assessment resources and protocols, this one-of-a-kind book offers a single, comprehensive source that is suitable as a textbook and useful as a practical clinical resource.
This bestselling and trusted text:
* Covers the full range of communication disorders in adults, from aphasia to voice disorders
* Gives a comprehensive outline of basic assessment procedures
* Provides a set of protocols that are necessary to assess any communication disorder in adults
* Addresses the multicultural issues in assessing communication disorders in adults and offers an integrated assessment approach that includes the most desirable features of the traditional and several alternative approaches
* Contains two chapters for each disorder: one on resources that offers scholarly and research background on the disorder and one on resources that describes practical procedures and protocols that save preparation time and effort for the clinician
New to the Third Edition:
* Expanded emphasis and specific guidelines on making a correct differential diagnosis
* Latest research on the characteristics of communication disorders in adults
* Review of recent trends on diagnostic assessment with critical recommendations for students and clinicians
* Updated epidemiological research on communication disorders
* Revised text to offer more succinct information on assessment tools and diagnostic criteria
* The latest standardized and informal assessment instruments
* Student-friendly, step-by-step instructions on how to conduct initial interviews and share final assessment results with patients in each protocol chapter
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|