Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Models and Applications
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Models and Applications, Second Edition describes augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) comprehensively and offers a framework for understanding how AAC intervention can be used in the process of communication. This textbook is intended to serve as the primary text for graduate-level courses in augmentative and alternative communication in speech-language pathology programs. It also serves as an essential resource for practicing clinicians.
AAC is used by an ever-growing group of individuals of all ages, each with their own personal and communication needs. The book presents the various AAC interventions and teaches the prospective clinician which intervention may be effective depending on the needs, condition, and prognosis of the client. The text details how communication is shaped by internal and external factors and how communication affects social functioning.
New to the Second Edition:
* A revised introductory chapter reflecting recent changes in the field
* Thoroughly updated chapters on technology, vocabulary, and assessment
* Reorganization of the chapters for a more natural flow of information
* New and revised artwork throughout including images, tables, and charts
* New and expanded case studies covering different types of communicators, their needs, and AAC solutions
Expanded coverage on the following topics:
* The debate on core vocabulary and discussion of best practices
* Perspectives and views from AAC users
* Ethics in AAC service delivery
* Research issues
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|