Voice Disorders, Fourth Edition
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
With Voice Disorders, Fourth Edition, authors Christine Sapienza, PhD and Bari Hoffman, PhD have created a comprehensive package for learning. The authors uniquely blend voice science with voice treatments ranging from traditional interventions to recent advances in cellular therapies, muscle strength training, and treatments for special populations. The text has been extensively updated with clinical evidence-based information and comes with videos, audio files, and case studies.
This fourth edition offers a comprehensive combined study of the respiratory, laryngeal, and neurological subsystems for voice. Therapy approaches are categorized in terms of type, such as physiologic, combined modality, and hygienic. The new edition expands the approaches to voice therapy, and better defines clinical decision making with information about humanistic communication strategies, adherence, and the multitude of variables that influence patient outcomes.
New to the Fourth Edition:
* The anatomical illustrations are now in color
* Updated throughout to reflect the current state of research in the evaluation and treatment of voice and upper airway disorders
* Many new references depicting evidence-based outcomes
* Updated clinical guidelines and position statements
* A thoroughly revised chapter on voice therapy
* Extensive content added on gender affirmation: the role of the SLP along with various evaluation and therapy approaches
* More laryngeal images and endoscopic examinations
* Expanded coverage of contemporary phonosurgery approaches and the role of the SLP pre- and post-surgery
* Extensively expanded material on head and neck cancer and alaryngeal communication
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|