Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Challenges and Solutions
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Providers of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) face a myriad of challenges in a rapidly changing and developing field. Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Challenges and Solutions is a unique solution-oriented text intended to prepare professionals to face those challenges with a can do perspective. Featuring contributions from prominent AAC researchers and providers, as well as actual AAC users, this resource traverses a wide range of scenarios that clinicians deal with on a daily basis.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Challenges and Solutions is divided into five sections with each chapter offering a different evidence-based solution. Part I provides an introduction and basis for the rest of the book. Part II focuses on the unique challenges of providing AAC in childhood, while Part III centers on dealing with adult disorders. In Part IV, the authors delve into special populations and issues, such as assisting individuals with multiple disabilities. In Part V, clinicians will find tips for becoming a solution-oriented provider.
* Contributions from national experts in AAC
* Quotes and vignettes representing the experiences of actual AAC users
* Featured challenges faced by providers and users alike
* Evidence-based solutions for ready application in clinical contexts
* Tools for implementing certain strategies, including example meeting scripts
* A comprehensive glossary of terms
* A highly readable writing style
* An introductory chapter with bolded key terms to improve retention of the material
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|