Stuttering, Cluttering, and Related Fluency Problems, Second Edition
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Fluency Disorders: Stuttering, Cluttering, and Related Fluency Problems, Second Edition is a vital resource for graduate courses on stuttering and related disorders of fluency. This thoroughly updated text features accessible and comprehensive coverage of fluency disorders across a range of clinical populations, including those with developmental and acquired stuttering, cluttering, and various types of developmental and acquired language impairment.
Information in the text is aligned with current standards for clinical certification specified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Council for Clinical Certification (CFCC). Readers will learn practical strategies and methods for how to assess and treat fluency disorders in preschool and school-aged children, teens, and adults.
The text is organized into five key sections: Foundational Concepts, Neurodevelopmental Stuttering, Other Types of Fluency Disorders, Clinical Assessment, and Intervention Approaches. Together, these topics make the comprehensive Fluency Disorders a truly distinguishable text in the field of speech-language pathology.
* Content that emphasizes clinical practice as well as client/patient experiences
* Discussion of fluency disorders in the context of communicative functioning and quality of life
* Chapter objectives begin each chapter and highlight key topics
* "Questions to Consider" conclude each chapter to help readers apply their knowledge
* Readers learn to organize information around clinical principles and frameworks
New to the Second Edition:
* New larger 8.5" x 11" trim size
* Updated and expanded references throughout
* Reorganized outline and increased coverage of treatment and counseling information
* Expanded use of text boxes to help readers relate chapter concepts to clinical practice
|Sold By||Plural Publishing|