The Virtues Project Educator's Guide - 14583
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
Additional Book Details
The Virtues Project was honored by the United Nations during the International Year of the Family as a model global program for all cultures and was featured on the Oprah Show as a method for teaching children to "do the right thing." This guide for counselors, teachers, caregivers and youth leaders offers a wealth of character awakening activities and ideas for bringing out the best in your students and yourself.
The Virtues Project contains proven strategies for awakening virtues the gifts within. It represents a holistic approach to character education that can easily be integrated into existing curricula in individual classrooms, counseling groups, school, day-care center, or youth program.
Major components include:
* The simple elements of character honored by all cultures and spiritual traditions 52 basic virtues!
* "The language of virtues" for drawing out the best in children
* Proven methods for creating a culture of character and reducing violence
* Powerful strategies to inspire Excellence, Respect, Kindness, Commitment and Cooperation in all students
* Success stories and activities from schools, Boys and Girls Clubs and childcare programs around the globe
* Activities for children of all ages
* Virtues in games and art
You will learn:
* Positive school-wide discipline with restorative justice
* Tips for Transforming Bully Behavior
* Counseling tools that empower moral choices
* One-minute counseling strategies
* How to begin the year with a shared vision
* Simple ways to introduce the "Virtue of the Week"
* Peer mentoring techniques
* Ways to turn your school into a community of caring
* A language which turns character slogans into behavior
The e-book includes printable pages for the first page of each Virtue, Student Activity Sheets, Virtues Vouchers, and Hug Notes.
|Sold By||PRO-ED Publishing, Inc.|
|Number of Pages||274|